On Wednesday, September 27, 2017, Release 8.0 of the CWS/CMS Application will be available. This deployment package contains one (1) SCR.
- SCR 8663 – Windows 10 (64-bit) / Office 2016 (32-bit) Migration
It is important to note that Release 8.0 is supported on both Windows 7 and Windows 10. Counties are expected to still be running Windows 7 on the day of the release. County migration to Windows 10 should not begin any earlier than 10/14/2017. This will allow for selected transitional counties to pilot the migration process.
CWS/CMS Users please note:
• It is strongly recommended that the user log off the application each night to insure that they are working with the latest version of the application.
• It is recommended that the install of Release 8.0 occur via the office network, as opposed to a remote connection.
• Users that are logged onto the system when the release arrives will not be using the new code at their workstation.
• Like major releases, Release 8.0 will be using a full installation package. There is no outage.
To continue using CWS/CMS, all workstations must be brought up-to-date with Release 8.0 before October 12, 2017.
On workstations that do not yet have Release 8.0, appropriate messages will appear after the user clicks OK on the CWS/CMS Control Panel Logon dialog. The messages are shown below.
- Updates for CWS/CMS Release 8.0 are available. To receive them, please restart the workstation (or follow county-specific procedures). If this workstation is not updated by 10/12/17, access will be denied.
Starting Thursday, October 12, 2017, this variation of the message will be shown with a red Error icon:
- Updates for CWS/CMS Release 8.0 are available. To receive them, please restart the workstation (or follow county-specific procedures). Access is denied.
TECHNICAL STAFF ONLY
Coexistent county responsibilities:
- Install prerequisite package
In preparation for Release 8.0, Coexistent counties must install a prerequisite package on existing Windows 7 workstations before Release 8.0 goes into Production; no later than September 13, 2017. The redistributable package is compatible with Release 7.7.1 so in order to avoid disruption in service counties should start installing these packages at their earliest convenience. Installation for the package requires administrative access to the workstation.
This package is:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable package (vcredist_x86.exe)
The installation files can be downloaded here:
- C++ package location: \CODEDIST\COTS_Software\Windows 7\VC2015 Redist\
Counties must notify CWS/CMS Customer Relations via e-mail no later than 9/13/17 once both packages are installed successfully.
Coexistent county CWSCMS.MSI file availability:
The CWSCMS.MSI file will be available by Wednesday, September 20, 2017 for technical staff to begin testing the installation of the release. The code will be located on the CWSDFSr share in the following location:
Dedicated County CWSCMS.MSI file delivery:
By Wednesday, September 20, 2017, dedicated county users should start seeing the CWSCMS.MSI file copied to their workstations during Windows logon. Technical staff can verify that they have received the file by checking for its presence in the c:\cacw\R80 folder. This file must exist on the workstation for the installation of Release 8.0 to take place on or after September 27.
The following information once available for R8.0 will be located behind County Logon>Code Release Secure Site>Release 8.0:
Release 8.0>Release Notes 8.0:
CWS/CMS Application Release Notes 8.0
Release 8.0 JAD (11/14/2016)
R8.0 County Test Workshop – CTW User Guide (8/15/2017)
Release 8.0>County Test Workshop/User Acceptance (CTW/UAT)
R8.0 – CTW Incident Status Report
Please note: The R8.0 – CTW Incident Status Report will be available after CTW.